PROJECT CHILD FIND
Project CHILD FIND is a free referral service and public awareness campaign to assist in the identification of unserved / undeserved youth with a delay or disability from birth through twenty-one years of age/
In addition, Project CHILD FIND develops and distributes information to the public about early intervention services and special educaiton programs throughout New Jersey.
Project CHILD FIND's comprehensive efforts include:
- Assisting families of infants and toddlers, birth through two, concerned about their child's development by directing requests regarding early intervention to the family's local Special Child Health Case Management Unit. If you need the number for your Special Child Health Case Management Unit, call:
- Assisting families of preschoolers, three though five, concerned about their child's development by directing requests to their local school district (CST).
- Helping families access community services through referral.
- Promoting community and public awareness of all children with disabilities by providing information.
Information through Project CHILD FIND may be obtained by calling the toll-free number, 1-800-322-8174, which is in service 7 days a week, 24-hours a day. All calls received are confidential.
- Assisting local school district boards of education to identify unserved children from age three through twenty-one who are in need of special education and related services.